Hello all, sorry I haven't posted in a while. It has just been so busy around here! Now though, we can get back to business with our first story! From another person! :)
"I work at a place that helps people who are homeless because when they get sick or injured they need a place to go to recover safely. Well yesterday a middle aged black woman who is approaching the last stages of AIDS was being discharged from our facility because she tried to take narcotic pain pills without us knowing about it. Before this I had been talking with a new resident who is a middle aged white woman who is recovering from 3 broken bones she received in a recent abusive relationship, she had been telling me about how sad and depressed she was, how she missed her children and was very emotional crying as she was talking to me. After the first woman had left this other woman came to me smiling from ear to ear, and when I asked her what had happened she said that this woman before she left had slipped her a $5 bill and told her not to tell anyone.
This just amazed me. To explain better I should say that these people have very little or NO money and are usually not inclined to help each other out. From living on the streets for years they quickly adopt a mentality of "survival of the fittest" and "I have to take care of myself only because no one else will". So when this woman told me what had happened I was blown away. These two women had known each other less than 24 hours and the woman who was being discharged had no where to go, she was still very sick but was being discharged for noncompliance with our rules. Yet she saw the hurt in this woman, knew that she felt like no one cared about her, knew that she was alone...and reached out to her. That may have been the last $5 she had, no one knows, yet she was selfless enough to give it away. So often in these people we see nothing but selfishness, the compassion this woman had was a nice change! These two women will probably never see each other again, but it is indescribable how much they impacted each other's lives."
- Katye S.
Thank you for sharing your story! It is lovely how those two women made such a small and immediate bond together. I hope the woman does not forget such a sweet show of caring. :)
♥, Dulcy
Submit your love story here:
lovelove365@live.com
Come on people, Show the world your love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment